Thursday, May 28, 2009

TAG - I'm It! Five Things I Love About Being a Mom

I've been tagged (and am late at responding!) by Lucas' mommy, from the blog, Life with Lucas, to list the five things I love about being a mom. I could list so many things, unconditional love to baseball games, but here are five things that popped into my mind from the get go.

Five Things I Love About Being a Mom to

Ryan, Kailyn, and Aiden

One: Unconditional Love - I remember when I was in college, I brought home two cats to my mom's house. I didn't think I could love anything more than those two cats. Then I got married and became a mother. I was so scared too, about having a second child. I worried about how I could love another child as much as I loved my first? But I did. Then eight years later, came Aiden and a whole other new love. This is the one thing I love most about being a mom is the unconditional love for each child is just unbelievable!


Two - Snuggles - There is nothing better than getting one of my kids in bed with me and snuggling all over them! Ryan was always my biggest snuggle bunny. As a baby he'd snuggle his head right into my shoulder and as a toddler he'd nest himself right into my chest. Kailyn I worried about, because as a baby, she just wasn't a snuggler, but now ... watch out ... she'll fight her daddy for any bit of snuggle time with mommy - and she always wins! Aiden's a little snuggler too! He'll lay his head on my shoulder forever and I just love every little bit of it!


Three - Unlimited Hugs and Kisses, THEY'RE FREEEEE! - In our house we are always giving hugs, kisses, and saying "I Love You". My own dad never let me leave the house until I came over planted a kiss on his cheek and he always told me, "Be safe. I love you." As a child, it got on my nerves, as a mom, I have a whole new appreciation for this. Oh, and butterfly kisses and eskimo kisses ARE definitely included here!

Four - Family Traditions and Lil' Sweet Nothings - I think family traditions are so important, but even more important to me are the little repetitive things, no matter how cheesey, I want my kids to remember so that when they grow up, they can look back with a smile and say "Remember when ...". For example, notes in Kailyn's lunchbox or on every family roadtrip we have a "theme song" we play over and over; then whenever we hear the song later, we talk about "the trip" it belongs to.


Five - Watching them Grow
- I hate how fast they are growing (I can't believe Ryan is already 12!), but it's just amazing to see who they are becoming. I love the different stages they go through ...belly laughs as an infant, first steps and first words; all the great "why" questions around age 3 (i.e. "mommy, why's that house blue? mommy, why's the grass green? mommy, how'd that baby get in your tummy?"; age 5/6 - HELLO?!? GIRL'S DAY!; age 10 - independence starting to set in, yet still very loving; Age 12 - Puberty ... it's not the funnest stage, but it is fun hearing his voice change, being able to joke around a lot more sarcastically, and seeing the teenager that's about to emerge.

Yes, being a mom has made my life complete. Each one of them has fulfilled a part of me in their own way. Each one of them has that certain something about them that makes their mommy smile each and everyday! Each one of them holds a very special place in their mommy's heart and soul ... a love that no one can take away.

I'm supposed to tag five more moms now, but I think most of them have been tagged. So if you haven't been tagged and you have the time to share your five favorite things, TAG ... YOU'RE IT!

3 comments:

leah said...

I love it! Being a mom really does come with lots of rewards!!

PolyglotMom said...

So glad you played along! Love your 5!

Janis @ SneakPeek said...

I just Googled "BOR" & found your blog. My 19 month old son also has BOR. You little one is ADORABLE!!!!

I hope you will drop by & pay us a visit sometime. I look forward to following your story.

http://sneakpeekatme.blogspot.com