Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Aiden had another audiology appointment this past week. They tested him in the soundbooth to see how well he was hearing with his new maps. Unfortunately, Aiden does not like the booth and shows his control. He was not very cooperative. His audiogram looked okay, but I know he was hearing better than what he tested. For example, he finally responded at 40 db at 4,000 hz, yet can imitate the /f/ and /s/ perfectly. We decided not to make any changes and check again soon. Deep breath.

2. The day after his audiology, he had AVT. We haven't seen Dr. Don since June (due to JTC and other family trips), but he warmed right up. We're back on track to three AV sessions a month. I'm excited to get going again, just not excited about all the driving. Ew.

3. Just Aiden and I went to his appointments (2 hours away) since my oldest two had school and weekend activities. Saturday night was girl's night with four of my sister-in-laws, my mother-in-law, yummy food, laughter, and lots of wine. Just what I needed. Love them.

4. I made it home in time for Kailyn's first volleyball game. It's more like a eight week volleyball camp. This program is amazing! The girls are all 5th and 6th graders, broken into 6 teams coached by girls from the HS varsity team. They'll stop in the middle of a game to guide the girls. Everyone plays, every hit is followed up by a "Great job!" or "Good try, now let me show you this...,", and no one feels silly for not getting their serve over the net (seriously, I don't think I could get it over). Love it.

5. Ryan starts lacrosse this week. Just practice. The season doesn't start until THE SPRING! Yes, they will begin practicing now, conditioning this fall, participate in an indoor league, then full on practice after Christmas - all in preparation for the Spring season. Insane, but good.

6. We have deemed Thursdays, THERAPY THURSDAY for Aiden. I'm going to keep him home from school all day since he has OT in the mornings and AVT in the afternoons. Alone time with my baby!

7. So between #4, #5, and #6, then throw in PSR (Parish School of Religion aka CCD), Kailyn's soccer, and Ryan's TeenLife, the crockpot is about to become my best friend. Favorite recipes?

8. Yesterday Aiden had a slight fever so I kept him home. So he was out last Thursday for OT, Friday for audiology, then again Monday. I have to admit, it was really hard to send him back today. He's become a mommy's boy all over again, constantly wanting to snuggle and hug on me, and I'm secretly loving every minute of it. Before I know it, he'll be all grown up, and I'm not ready for that.

9. I sat back today and watched Aiden play house and bus. It was amazing. I was in awe as I listened to him mimic his bus driver and two friends who ride with him. Then at "home" he talked nonstop as he set up the "batroom", "tichen", "wiffin room", and "bedroom" and moved everyone around. Before I knew it, he had the cake on the table with everyone sitting around and EVERYONE got to blow out candles after their song. I cracked up as he sang, "happy birfday daddy, CHA-CHA-CHA, happy birfday daddy, CHA-CHA-CHA...".


10. Resume = still not done = still have no clue what I want to do = stressed out momma = need to find something flexible/work from home because my life is WAY too busy with THREE kids and all their business to go to work in an office 8 to 5 = I really don't want to go back to working full time because I LOVE being a mom and staying home with my kids, YET, I want to help provide more for my family and it would feel nice doing something I enjoyed. If you could work from home, what would you do?

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I find crock pot recipes on allrecipes.com and they are usually pretty tasty. I know I will have to go back to work at some point, but teaching just does not have the allure it once did. We both need a brainstorm!

leah said...

Busy busy busy!! I sometimes make pulled pork sandwiches in the crock pot (super easy if you like that sort of thing). I just throw 2 pork tenderloins into the crock pot on high for 4 hours (with a can of beef broth for moisture), take it out and shred it with 2 forks, combine with BBQ sauce (one jar), then bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Throw the shredded BBQ pork on a bun and you're done.

I hope Aiden cooperates in the booth next time - three is a hard age in the booth sometimes!

greg0511 said...

http://www.angelinajolie-voight.blogspot.com/ my new blog :D i love your blog :D i invite for my blog :D