Tuesday, November 15, 2011
ten on tuesday
1. I can't believe I'm up past 10 pm. On the nights I lay with Aiden to get him to go to sleep (don't judge, bad habit, third child) I'm out right with him. On the nights I have off, once I say goodnight to K, I'm crawling in bed myself.
2. cRaZy past couple of weeks ...
3. We had my SIL's wedding a couple weekends ago. She was stunning, absolutely beautiful. Selfishly, one of my favorite parts was watching Aiden dance the night away. I've never seen him dance so much. Actually, outside of Laurie Berkner or mimicking his sister here and there, I don't think I've ever seen him truly GET DOWN . I was in Heaven.
4. Ryan had been complaining about his belly the past few weeks. I blew it off to "teenage boy eating habits". He came home from his Lacrosse game last Tuesday, scarfed down two bowls of chili, and went into complete pain mode. After giving him antacid type of meds, the pain kept getting worse and worse to the point I took him to the ER (last thing I wanted to do because I swore it was his teenage gut and at this point it was past 10 pm and WAY past my bedtime). Glad I listened to him. He had his appendix removed early the next morning and spent two days in the hospital.
5. The day Ryan got home from the hospital, Aiden got the flu. In three years, the boy has never really puked. All.night.long - he puked. Of course he did.
6. With #3 & #4, I had to cancel Aiden's IEP, which was just fine since I wasn't completely prepared. I know what goals he needs and I (hope) they won't fight me, but we (mom & dad) just have other thoughts in mind that we're still trying to work through. For now though, we forge forward with what we have, and know it's always nice to have options. It's now this Friday. Guess I know what I'll be working on tomorrow.
7. I need a vacation. then again, who doesn't?
8. Next weekend (yep, Thanksgiving weekend), I'm heading to Chi town with one of my favorite chics, my niece, and my all time favorite daughter for a girl's weekend. I think my mom may even join us. I am BEYOND excited (see #'s 3 & 4 above).
9. I'm pretty sure we're heading to my mom's for Christmas. I cannot wait to see my grandma & grandpa. I missed them this summer and I'm way overdue for morning coffee/gossip time with the best grandma in the whole.wide.world AND for 4pm Miller time with the most amazing man ever. and of course, i'm so excited to see my mommy too (and maybe actually get date night with another amazing man I know)!
10. It's almost 11 pm. Way past my bedtime, yet this peace and quiet time is beautiful.
10a - I have so much to catch up on with Aiden ... OT, speech, his bossy language, incidental learning ... so much to say. Guess I need to stay up past 8pm more often!!