Sunday, April 1, 2012

ABC and a little G

Since the last time I posted,
we have celebrated:

ANOTHER YEAR OF HEARING!
THREE YEARS
to be exact. 
REMEMBER THIS SWEET FACE?

soon after his second CI activation

We celebrated three years hearing with a trip to the park,

and some requested, "chocolate ice cream with sprinkles please".

love this face!

Then a week later was Aiden's,
BIRTHDAY PARTY!
the FOURTH one!
 we celebrated with a HUGE birthday/St. Patty's Day party combo.
It was an open house, and in the end, I believe
we counted 24 kids (from ages 1 to 16),
who were there to join in on the festivities.

Aiden saw his first St. Patrick's Day parade,
took some good whacks at his second ever pinata,
and ran around with many cousins and new friends.

FOUR YEARS OLD!


love these sweet babies!


AaaaaannnnnDDD ...
I got to meet this

and her adorable children!

(I have a lot better pics besides this one from my phone, but cannot get my camera to download them! ugh)

She and I have "known" each other since soon after our boys were implanted.
We talk on the phone together,
and support each other through this amazing journey,
but this is the first time we met in person,
and it was pure awesomeness.

Peas and Cam are even more adorable in person! 
They gave me a hug as soon as we walked in
and were so excited to play with Aiden!
 It was great watching all three boys running around and
talking amongst each other about what to play next.
It was like they'd known each other for years ...
just like me and their mom.
I LOVED hearing Noah's amazing language and how it just flowed,
no different than any typical five year old.

The highlight of the day,
listening to two deaf children play hide-n-seek,
with a hearing peer,
each of them yelling out as they counted aloud,
from one to ten,
 then running up to let us moms know they couldn't find another,
and then all settle down to watch some Toy Story 3.
(well, the highlight besides sitting and talking nonstop to 
a pretty amazing mom whom I absolutely adore).


and last but certainly not least,

GRANDMA!

I packed up Aiden and Kailyn last week for their spring break and headed to Wisconsin.
Aiden has always been shy around my mom,
but this trip,
he discovered the MAGIC of GRANDMA!
It was pure bliss
as I watched them laugh,
and dance,
and TALK.
Aiden wouldn't leave her side.

LOVE.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I am so behind on my blogging....can't wait to share my pics too. :)

Harrysmommy12 said...

Dear Tammy,
I feel like I owe you a huge THANK YOU! My family is just starting on our son's hearing journey with him. He was born with profound/severe hearing loss secondary to LVAS. He is now 1 month old. My hubbie and I started reading your blog soon after we found out and it has given us so much hope. I hope to chat with you sometime soon! Until then...THANK YOU!!!!!

tammy said...

Dear Harrysmommy,
Congratulations on your sweet baby boy! One month ... I miss the newborn stage! ; ) Thank you for introducing yourself. I love "meeting" new families and even more so, love that Aiden's story helps in some way. Hope is everything. You made my day. Feel free to contact me offline as I am more than willing to speak with you, provide an ear to listen, or answer any questions you may have. My email is aidensmom0317 at gmail.