So here's what is going on this week:
- Monday - Yesterday, ECI came out, except here they are called ITP (Infant-Toddler Program) up to the age of 3, and are then called ECI (Early Childhood Intervention) from 3 on. Anyway, Aiden's new TOD (Teacher of Deaf) is amazing! We clicked right away and she's right on path with our goals for Aiden! She talked to me about all the possibilities for Aiden in the state, what our expectations are for him, what this program will provide him, and how she will advocate with me for anything I believe as his parent, that he needs! We met and talked and laughed for two hours. We're going to have fun together!
- Tuesday - Today was a lax day, Aiden's dad had his first government holiday so we took Aiden shopping at BabiesRUs to look for a new stroller. Are the MacLaren's really THAT GREAT?? Seriously?!?
- Wednesday - Tomorrow Aiden and I get to venture out on a new trail to the Columbia area where we will meet with and interview an Auditory Verbal Therapist. Now, we left THE BEST in Texas, so it's going to be VERY HARD to measure up to what we've come from. BUT, not only was this person recommended by one of my AVT's in Texas, but is also known and recommended by our new audiologist AND our new TOD! BONUS!
- Thursday is a full day of appointments up at Johns Hopkins. First we have to go in for a (get this) TWO HOUR psychological eval ... don't ask 'cause I have no clue. I think it's to make sure Aiden's daddy and I don't have these crazy expectations or feelings. We know our son is deaf, we know he is going to do AMAZING with CI's because we know WE are going to get the help needed and work VERY HARD with him to make him succeed! See, that only took all of 15 seconds! : ) After our psych eval, we meet with Aiden's audiologist for D-day ... to select THE DEVICE! This is a whole other blog I can't even get into right now.
- Oh yeah ... and then Thursday night we have a CI support group meeting that takes place in the county we live in! Our TOD told me about it (along with providing me at least 3 names and numbers of people in my immediate area whose kids have recently gotten CI's or whose mommy's use the AVT we're talking to tomorrow!).
- Friday ... Aiden and mommy chill and have fun day. PERIOD!
Other than that, we're all still having fun (minus the fact that I'm dying to get out for dinner & wine with girlfriends)! Ryan told me last night, that although he misses his friends, he really loves it here. Kailyn had a field trip today to the Baltimore Aquarium which she said was "pretty neat". This past weekend we went and checked out the Baltimore Harbor and took a walk through some beautiful nature trails. (And NO mom, I promise, I don't walk these paths alone!)
To close, here are some pics from our weekend ... my kids have NEVER stomped through fall leaves like this before (I think I was more excited than they were)!