Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Just Like a Cat

Just wanted to share a little video we captured the other night of one of Aiden's newest acts - it's hard to hear, so you have to turn up the volume as he imitates the cat drinking from the water dish (and make sure you turn off the music to the left).



Outside the fact that this makes me laugh out loud, I love it for many reasons:

  1. I need to put the cats' bowls up because Aiden tries to eat from them instead of dump them all over like he used to.
  2. He's showing the beginnings of imaginative play.
  3. He's hearing our cats eat/drink and therefore imitating the sound and actions they make!
  4. At the end, he totally reads his dad's lips (his dad is not signing, yet Aiden signs back his version of cat) ... not that I LOVE this as we don't emphasize lip reading, but isn't it amazing how he's already teaching himself to understand what's being said when he's without his CIs (he had just gotten out of a bath).

and when the cat bowls are up, Aiden will dump his snack bowl on the floor, get on his belly or all fours, and eat up his snack like a dog or cat would. Oh if he would only say "meow" or "cat" now!

5 comments:

The Brights said...

OMG! That is funny. Oh, imagine the fun things that lie ahead!

Haha!

I think it is great that he is reading lips already! It is truly amazing how quick they pick up that skill. It isn't something we need to teach. They learn it all on their own.

Thanks for sharing!

leah said...

I love it! Kids are so funny, and how great that he is able to hear the "drinking" and "eating" sounds the cats make!

Nolan is a stellar lip reader, too. One morning he was eating oatmeal and I told him, "you're eating oatmeal!" He was looking down and couldn't see me, and he said "umm-eee?" Then he looked up and I said oatmeal again. He repeated, "oatmeal!" perfectly. Who knows how they pick this sort of thing up, but they do!

Lily's Mom said...

That's hilarious! I love it.

PolyglotMom said...

I love it! That's so funny! Give that boy a hug for me!

CheckThisOut77 said...

That's hilarious...Hey if you live in South Florida and are in need of quality Hearing Care Services or Hearing Aid Services, make an appointment now at www.HearFlorida.com.